Moderation of comments
Comments on this site are moderated before publication to prevent abuse. Overall we ask commentors to keep things clean, polite, legal and respectful. Comments should be submitted in good faith. When moderating we shall use the following as a guide, based upon the work here:
Comments should not include:
- potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements;
- information which may be protected by an injunction or court order
- material which is potentially confidential, commercially sensitive, or which may cause personal distress or loss;
- any commercial endorsement or promotion;
- the names of individuals, or information where they may be identified, in relation to criminal accusations;
- language which is offensive, intemperate, or provocative. This not only includes obvious swear words and insults, but any language to which people reading it could reasonably take offence. It is possible to make a point about anything, no matter how radical, politely.
- wording that is impossible to understand;
We shall also not accept
- comments which are intended to be humorous, or which have no point
- comments that include a url to something that is likely to contravene the conditions above
Decisions on moderation are final and no correspondence will be entered into.